Do you ever wonder how the PTA money that is raised is actually put into action? Funding Teacher Grants is just one of the many important line items in our budget. Each grant cycle (Fall, Winter, Spring) we award up to $2,000 in grant money. Teachers and staff submit grant applications with a maximum request of $500, and the PTA Executive Board reviews the applications with a goal of funding as many projects as possible within the allotted budget. This cycle, we were able to award grants for all of the applications received!
Each year, SLE PTA focuses our Fundraising efforts to fund the approved budget for the school year by November 1st. We are pleased to announce that our results with the 2nd Annual Boosterthon Fun Run and the Fall Ball: Dia de Fiesta, have achieved that important milestone!
Throughout the year you will see Spirit Night events that will help us support our community and raise additional funds that will allow us to support our students and teachers outside of what is planned in our line item budget.
We sincerely appreciate your support in making Silver Lake THE Place to Be!
Congratulations to our Shooting Star, Jack Lovin, for receiving an Honorable Mention award at the PTA State Reflections Competition for his music composition piece! We are so proud of you!
SLE is the place to be! Why? We have amazing teachers and campus leadership, a diverse and awesome group of students, and a strong network of dedicated parents that volunteer in so many ways! Thank you our President, Pam Tink and our PTA Executive Board and Committee Chairs! Thank you to our Room Parents, workroom volunteers, library and classroom volunteers, float builders, and Dad’s Club helpers! Thank you to those that sent in extra school supplies, food for food drives, items for the Angel Tree at Christmas, sponsored a student for a field trip, etc. It all matters! It all helps! We appreciate you!
It’s time to show our gratitude and let the Silver Lake staff know how much we appreciate their hard work and dedication. Staff Appreciation Week is May 7th – 11th. Please take a moment to read about the week long we have planned for our staff. We are requesting your help in making this a special week. Feel free to participate where you can.
- Monday – Words from the Heart Day: Students / Parents write a special note or picture of “thanks” for their classroom teacher or teachers.
- Tuesday – Love from the Oven Day: Bring a special treat (sweet or salty) to your classroom teacher or teachers.
- Wednesday – Specials and Support Staff Day: Bring a special note, special treat, or anything you want to our Specials Teachers and Support Staff (P.E., Music, Art, Library, Literacy, Campus Tech, Learning Liaison, Office Staff, Nurse, Counselor, and Administrators) Items may be dropped off in the office or given directly to recipient.
- Thursday – Shower them with Flowers: Students are encouraged to bring fresh cut, handmade, or store bought flowers for their teacher or teachers. If you wish to bring extras, we will deliver to support staff. Bring extras to front office.
- Friday – Stock up the Supplies : Teachers love to have their supplies replenished. Pencils (sharpened), Facial Tissues, Dry Erase Markers, Paper Towels, Disinfecting Wipes, Hand Sanitizer or anything else you think your teacher would like.
Thanks so much for your support and help! Together, we can make this a special week for our staff.