It’s time to start planning for the 2018-19 school year! We are starting the process to fill open PTA positions, both officer and committee chairs/event coordinators. The following is a list of next year’s open positions:
- Apple Tree: Coordinates online apple tree with staff and communicates website information to parents.
- Communication: Maintains and updates PTA website and facebook page.
- Destination Imagination: Supervise student teams meeting on a weekly basis. Assist with annual competition. DI is a creative, team building program designed to challenge problem-solving skills of students.
- Diversity*: Serves as Diversity Advisory Council liaison. Coordinates diversity events at Silver Lake.
- Fall Ball: Plan and organize the Fall Ball.
- Grade Level Coordinators – K & 2: Communicate with teachers and room parents to plan Holiday and Valentine Parties. Each grade needs a GLC.
- Healthy Lifestyles*: Attends district healthy lifestyles meetings. Coordinates healthy lifestyle events for SLE.
- Legislative*:Keep members informed of pending legislative action. Attend local school board meetings and provide reports to your board and membership. Be aware of the State Board of Education meetings, decisions, and plans and report this to your members.
- Star Buck Store: Star Bucks are bills awarded for good behavior and making responsible choices. They are redeemed by students at the “Store” which is open several times/year. Purchase or collect items for the store. Setup and work the store.
- Talent Show: Coordinate and organize with Music Teacher.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Events*: Organize volunteers for PTA sponsored events. Submits volunteer hours to Council.
- Workroom Coordinator: Coordinates volunteers to make copies, die-cut and work on special projects for the teachers. Communicates with the office staff regarding supplies.
*indicates an Executive Board position
The 2018-19 Slate of Officers will be presented and voted on at the PTA meeting Thursday, April 26th at 6:00 PM in the SLE cafeteria. Please plan to attend.
Please complete and submit the attached interest form to your child’s teacher or the Silver Lake front office by Thursday, April 19th, or contact Angie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.